(NewsUSA) – Forget low-carb diets and Atkins; those sweet, succulent spuds are once again finding their place among meat and vegetables at the dinner table.
To celebrate its return to center stage, Kita Roberta of Girl Carnivore is recognizing the health benefits of a plant-based diet, while still including your favorite proteins. To that end, Girl Carnivore has created a recipe that is packed with carrots, beets, kale and Idaho potatoes. Add the sweetness of maple aioli and you’ve got yourself a good-for-you meal.
Roasted Roots and Chicken
Power Bowl with Maple Aioli
• 4 Russet Idaho potatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
• 3 carrots
• 1 turnip, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut into wedges
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and chopped
• 2 beets, rinsed, peeled, cut in half and then cut into wedges
• 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
• Salt and pepper
• 3 sprigs fresh thyme, removed from stem
• 3 cups Swiss chard, removed from stem and chopped
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 cup cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped
For the Maple Aioli
• 3 tablespoons fresh mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For more recipes, visit the Idaho Potato Commission’s website.